| “shutdown -r”|
|Airdate||December 6, 2017|
|Directed by||Sam Esmail|
“shutdown -r” is the tenth and final episode of Season 3 of Mr. Robot. It was broadcast on December 6, 2017.
Origin of the Title
- To shut down a computer is to remove power from a computer's main components in a controlled way.
- The -r parameter is used with a computer shutdown to allow a computer to reboot after it shuts down.
Santiago kidnaps Darlene and Dom after Dom realises he is the Dark Army mole, while Elliot and Mr. Robot are caught by Irving after they break into Santiago's house, and all four are taken to a Dark Army safehouse. Angela realises she has been taken to Price's house, and Price reveals himself to be her biological father as he tells her that she has to endure the consequences of her actions. Irving kills Santiago and forces Dom to become the new FBI mole by threatening her family. Grant tries to kill Elliot and Darlene, but is stopped by Leon under Whiterose's orders and is forced to commit suicide. Elliot helps Whiterose in moving the Washington Township plant to the Congo sooner, and looks through Romero's keyloggers with Dom's help, but realises that Romero didn't have the keys, Mr. Robot did. Elliot sends an email with the keys to E Corp in order to go after the true players that have revealed themselves. In a post credit scene, Vera and his gang confront Darlene on the steps of Elliot's apartment.
- In Santiago's apartment, Irving has Elliot sit down. Irving tells the story of a beloved boxer who comes out of retirement to face the new, unstoppable champion. He trains old school and defies the odds and an early thrashing. There's no easy way out, but he puts his entire life on the line and goes the distance. He notes that Elliot has that going for him, while the Dark Army treats it more as a transaction. Mr. Robot notes that he just described the plot to Rocky IV.
- When Dom is told to return to the barn after watching Santiago die, she breaks down crying by the house.
- "Intro" by M83 (feat. Zola Jesus) - played as Elliot returns home and prepares to execute the reversal of 5/9.
- "Kom Veacha Tha Sneha Knom" by Pan Ron - played as Grant and company arrive at the farmhouse.
- "Criminal" by Fiona Apple - played as Vera arrives and approaches Darlene.
- Right before Grant kills himself he says a sentence in Mandarin. It can be translated with "Take good care of her."
|Season 3 Episodes|
|eps3.0 • eps3.1 • eps3.2 • eps3.3 • eps3.4 • eps3.5 • eps3.6 • eps3.7 • eps3.8 • eps3.9|