|Airdate||July 15, 2015|
|Written by||Adam Penn|
|Directed by||Nisha Ganatra|
|U.S. viewers||1.27 million|
|“||Daemons. They don't stop working. They are always active. They seduce. They manipulate. They own us. And even though you're with me, even though I created you, it makes no difference. We all must deal with them alone.||”|
“eps1.3_da3m0ns.mp4” is the fourth episode of the first season of Mr. Robot. It was broadcast on July 15, 2015.
<@mrrobot> fsociety hits the road to initiate world-changing hack. elliot's inner demons threaten to derail operation. LIRL.
Origin of the Title
- In computing, a daemon is a computer program that runs in the background rather than being operated by the user. The term was coined by Mac users at MIT to describe software, generally known in Mac parlance as system extensions, that keep the OS running smoothly.
- The extension: .mp4 is a audio/video file format, commonly used for video files. It has replaced .avi as the most common format for illegal audio/video files.
- The voice of Elliot's fish Qwerty is actor David Keith.
- The license plate DQF-8093 on the stolen minivan was used in Rescue Me and Person of Interest.
- During his hallucinations Elliots sees Error 404 Not Found error message in the place were a house moments ago was standing. 404 error message is an HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested, referring to the house that Elliot was looking for.
- A 1995 movie Hackers plays on the motel television.The movie follows the exploits of a group of gifted high school hackers and their involvement in a corporate extortion conspiracy which mirrors Elliot and fsociety actions in the show.
- 1981 video game Donkey Kong is heard at fsociety base.
- Mobley mentions a 1982 movie Tron. The movie tells the story of a computer programmer who is transported inside the software world of a mainframe computer where he interacts with programs in his attempt to escape.
- Romero breaks the fourth wall when he says "right now some writer's working hard on a TV show that'll mess up this generation's idea of hacker culture" refering to the show.
- “Queen” performed by Perfume Genius.
- "Hell of a Night" performed by SchoolBoy Q.
- "In the Zone" performed by KK.
|Template:Sm-Template:NsmSeason 1 EpisodesTemplate:SmSeason 2 →Template:Nsm|
|eps1.0 • eps1.1 • eps1.2 • eps1.3 • eps1.4 • eps1.5 • eps1.6 • eps1.7 • eps1.8 • eps1.9|